Sep 11, 2014

Inspiration Everywhere

** On 9/11 and every day, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt **

I am a visual learner and have always loved art. Though I don't have much confidence in my own artistic voice yet, I like to make copies of inspiring things I see for technical practice and fun.

Here are two examples, both using Sharpie fine point markers:

Example 1 - "Book Week" lettering


And here's the original source, the 1953 Children's Book Week Poster by Jan Balet: 


Example 2: Vintage Coffee Advertisement



My source for this is a Hatch Show Print poster I bought on a trip to Nashville, that is now hanging in my kitchen. This letterpress shop has been around for decades and they created this ad in the 1940s.  Here is an informational brochure about their business. I highly recommend a visit to this place, and Nashville is only 5 hours from here!




'Book Week' poster image found here.
Coffee poster image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment